Inground pool opening

4knights said:
This is a pretty good set of videos, http://www.poolschool.us/videos_pool_maintenance.htm

I learned a lot from that site before I found TFP. The videos helped me to understand the system and plumbing.

Wow - is it common for a pool to be that green when it's opened for the season? I would think that a "pool school" guy's pool would look better than that. Is this what I have to look forward to when I take my cover off?

I think it depends on the type of cover you have as well as your water temps. I just put my pool in last Sep/Oct so don't know what mine will look like. Pretty sure it will be green since I have a mesh cover(let's some light in) but our water(ice) temp has been as low as 24 this winter. as the water warms up I'll start using bleach until the temp is where it needs to be for the salt cell to work.

I just opened my pool the first time, pool was installed last Oct. I also have a mesh cover. Water was 56 deg., clear with dirt/silt stuck to sides and bottom. There was a pile of leaves,straw,(I just planted grass), mesh cover instructions, dead worms, and dirt. Used Leaf rake to pull out the pile, smelled like stagnant water and garbage. Brushed sides and bottom, vacuumed, water was somewhat brown and cloudy, ran filter about 8 hrs. This morning water was clear with a little silt on bottom in spots. All chems up to specs. One more light vacuum and iam good to go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.