Intex Ultra Frame 16X48 ?

dds76

Mar 30, 2012
Hello, I am replacing a old intex pool. Setting up a new 16x48 ultra metal frame. Do the sleeves in the white band that the legs slide into go on the inside or outside? All of them where on the outside except 3 of them. Pic 1 is on the inside. Pic 2 is on the outside. The manual does not even show the sleeves. Thanks...

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 556
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 518
This is my 3rd intex pool and never had the sleeves, we are replacing a sequoia spirit intex pool. We have tried it both ways. With the sleeves on the inside the legs are pulled very very inward, with them on the outside it seems normal. Want to make sure they are right before filling. Called Intex but the csr did not have any clue. Like I said all but 3 were facing out when we unpacked the pool.

It looks like the sleeves can be flipped around? If so, I think I would try them to where all the legs are on the outside. Theres a chance there was a re-design maybe? The white band might be a little smaller than on mine. Seems like that might be the b3st option. Fill it partially and make sure all is well before going full tilt. Good luck and enjoy!

Yes they can be flipped around and thats what is making it confusing, To me the legs should be inside the band. Wish the instructions were updated. The legs just have a very bad inward slope with them on inside.

I think you and others are right about the legs being inside the band, though I have not seen an intex with the sleeves. The band is where the strength is, the sleeves look to have joints and to me appear to be for holding the band up (probably by friction and probably only needed while filling). The intex's have have seen hold the band up using belt loops attached directly to the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It looks to me like the legs are behind the strap. I have an index (no sleeves tho), and with the pressure of the pool wall against the legs I would be afraid that the heat sealed seams on those sleeves would rip and the legs would splay out like a squashed bug if the legs are outside the perimeter strap. If the legs go out, the pool comes down. JMHO. There is an unbelievable amount of pressure against the legs and I don't think those little sleeves will hold. Or, another way of looking at it, if those little sleeves would hold? Why have the perimeter strap at all?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Stupid Me!!!! Found an insert in the filter manual. Never looked at it because I am using my Sand/Salt system from last year. Time to go switch them all back and cut a hole in the pretty new liner for my skimmer.
Anyway Thanks for all the input and help....

Attachments

• photo-01.JPG
    photo-01.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 470
Filled the pool 3/4 today, just to leave room to cut out the hayward skimmer. The outer band seems to be smaller. If the legs were on the inside I think they would be tilted in. Right now they are perfectly plumb and the liner is very even and the bottom rope has a good tension to it. Going to have to redo the hard plumbing because the return is alot higher than my old intex pool. This pool also came with screw in plunger valves.

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    114 KB · Views: 428
  • photo-01.JPG
    photo-01.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 427
Hey dds! I am considering the Sequoia wood grain pool and I think it is just beautiful. I am wondering if you took it down each year (or did you replace it after only one year due to the fading)? Also, do you think there's anything you can put on the wood grain looking panels to protect them from fading? Like some type of polyerthalyn or something? Except, I am considering (still undecided) taking it down in the fall and wouldn't want the panels to be painted together. Anyway, any advice, comments, or opinions are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hello Tara, We left our pool up year round, this pool takes longer than the regular intex pools to assemble. So we left it up and drained it in the winter " Western Virginia".

As for protecting the panels from fading I am not sure, I tried various methods with no luck in bringing them back, but that was after they were faded. Maybe a wax or some kind of UV protectant? We switched around the panels to get more time out of it, they are the same on both sides, but you cannot switch the posts or the top rail.

There is also a fair amount of space between the outer frame and the pool liner, it becomes a haven for wasp nests and spiders. Just incase you did not know this is a regular intex pool metal poles and all with an outer wood grain cover. Intex also will not replace the outside panels. Read some of the reviews on amazon, they had the same problem.

It was a beautiful pool, while it lasted. Would I buy it again No, just went with the ultra-frame.
Hope this helps you out.... If you do choose it, the sandfilter is the best investment I have made with these intex pools.
Good Luck..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.