autofill isnt high enough

march2012

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 21, 2012
TX
Pool builder installed autofill a little low. The autofill is at its max height and the pool is about 2-3 inches below where I would want it to be. (1 inch into the tile line, would prefer 3-4 inches on the tile).

I have a small rock sitting on the float, are there any other suggestions that might work better than a weight on the float?

what does the valve look like? add a picture maybe.

Is the water at the top of the autofill bucket or at the top of where the float can be adjusted?

Mine is a brass valve with a float that can be raised and lowered quite a bit. I know others are more like the plastic toilet valves where the float is around a central shaft.

jblizzle said:

Is the water at the top of the autofill bucket or at the top of where the float can be adjusted?

Mine is a brass valve with a float that can be raised and lowered quite a bit. I know others are more like the plastic toilet valves where the float is around a central shaft.

plastic toilet float valve where it is a cylinder on the shaft.

looks like this

FUS_400A.jpg

march2012 said:
jblizzle said:

plastic toilet float valve where it is a cylinder on the shaft.
Like figure E in my link?

I have the same autofill, and that valve assembly has a coarse and fine adjustment. The "collet" lock, located midway up the central column is the coarse adjust and the threaded pin, to the right of the float, is the fine adjust.

gtemkin said:
I have the same autofill, and that valve assembly has a coarse and fine adjustment. The "collet" lock, located midway up the central column is the coarse adjust and the threaded pin, to the right of the float, is the fine adjust.

ah ok, Ill check, I was only adjusting the fine adjustment.

[/quote]ah ok, Ill check, I was only adjusting the fine adjustment.[/quote]

You lift the locking collar which un-locks the telescoping column, then adjust the column up or down - up in your case - then push the locking column back down to lock the adjustment. It can be very hard to re-lock the collar, you may have to telescope the column a little one way up or down to get it to lock easier.

Good luck.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
gtemkin said:
You lift the locking collar which un-locks the telescoping column, then adjust the column up or down - up in your case - then push the locking column back down to lock the adjustment. It can be very hard to re-lock the collar, you may have to telescope the column a little one way up or down to get it to lock easier.

Good luck.

Hah I kept trying to turn the thing and nothing was happening. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.