AquaLogic Remote - Chlorinator On/Off

Feb 26, 2012
First time pool owner, had a pool service until about 3 months ago.

Anyway recently our AquaLogic started showing lower Salt levels PPM. I unfortunately let it get down to like 2300ppm. At that point it started showing "Chlorinator off - check salt system" I just ordered a pool test kit (Taylor k2006) that has not yet arrived, so in the short term I had a pool place test the water, they recommended 40lbs of salt, some shock and a little bit of MA.

I put that into the pool and ran the pool for 14 hours. The Salt PPM came up a little bit but still shows "Chlorinator off - check salt system" My question is, is there a way to tun the chlorinator on? I went through the various menu items and could not find it. Or does it kick on itself if the salt levels are where they should be?

Unfortunately I am at the office and do not have the print out from the pool store with the measurements. (Can post that later)

Thanks

Assuming you have the percentage set above 0%, the SWG (chlorinator) will turn on automatically as soon as the salt level is acceptable.

Do you have an autofill system? The only at all likely way for the actual salt level to go down that much would be a leak that is being masked by an autofill system.

JasonLion, thanks for the response. Yes i'm fairly positive the percentage is above 0%. I believe the Pool chlorinator is at 95% (Spa @ 50%)

How would I know if I have an autofill system?

Thanks

It might just take quite a bit of run time before your SWG recongizes that it has enough salt. I have an intellichlor and it always takes a couple of days for it to adjust itself to any changes in its environment. Finnicky little bugger.

The remote that we have is the AquaLogic PS8, anyone in here familiar with this thing?

Before i started having the issues i'm having (see above) when it was working fine, it would cycle through showing me my salt level 3200 PPM. Now that I am having these issues it doesnt show me my salt level. Is there a function or menu item I can go to, to see what my current salt level is, beside it saying to me "check salt, very low level"

I already order salt test strips which should be delivered tomorrow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.