New homeowner and high pool values... need help

Is there a reason you are not replacing more water to lower the CYA?

Is the water still cloudy? Have you passed the 3 criteria to stop the shock process?

Remember pH test is artificially high when the FC > 10ppm.

I would go with 60 for the CYA. Black dot should not be visible at all. Also, STOP USING THE PUCKS. Your CYA is already at 60, which is already on the high side. 3 8 oz trichlor pucks will raise your CYA by 5. And like I said, you are already on the high side.

I have a 23K gal pool, and this is exactly what I do. I lose, on average, 1-2ppm per day. I put in roughly a half gallon of 12.5% every other day, and my total bill for the 4 month swim season for bleach is just under $100. The only chemicals I've put in my pool so far this summer is bleach and a couple pounds of stabilizer. And maintaining my pool is so easy it's almost mindless.

You can get 12.5% at the pool store. We go to target and frys a couple times a month and when we are there we always pick up a couple jugs of the cheap stuff or who ever has the best sale price. This keeps us stocked up and we have bleach for other stuff as well. Laundry, cleaning and what ever comes up.
As far as keeping up with your chlorine demand using pucks I would suggest getting another floater or looking into the ones the sink to the bottom and resurface when they need refilling. Liquid chlorine really is the right way to doit though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.