Determine Aqualink Rev level for conversion to iAqualink

May 23, 2007
Michigan
Purchased and installed the following 4/2007.
6614AP1400 PureLink Power Center
PLC 1400 Cell kit
PDA-PS4 AquaLink PDA

I am considering a upgrade to iAqualink but depending on my systems rev level the cost varies dramatically. I am in Michigan and can't boot up the system for at least a month so is there a way with just the PDA or stickers on boards to determine the REV Level ?

Sticker on front of panel: B06RSCEJ046
Back of Board: PCB# 8124a
ACP240648646
White Sticker "G"
2006 Date on Board
Also would like to know the following:
1. Which kit do I order ?
2. If I upgrade and don;t want to use the PDA anymore what components, other than the PDA can I remove and sell on EBAY to offset the upgrade cost ?
Thanks !

You can upgrade. The cost is about 800-900 for the PDA upgrade to be able to use the iaqualink. The upgrade will consist of a new control board and PDA receiver module. The one that has the antenna. You can look at trying to get the upgrade for the jandy one touch which is about $300-$500. Here is a link to a guy who sells upgrade on ebay. I have talked to him several times and is very helpful.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Zodiac-Jandy-iQ ... 1e706d538f

Greg is his name and if you send him a message he will send you his number. Pool supply world is another awesome place that carries the upgrades.

IQ900-PDA is what you want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was just considering this myself. My Aqualink was installed in 2006, but all the chip says is "PANDS 4, Rev PDA 1.2, 8271". I assume mine can upgrade also?

Will my old PDA still work with the new iAqualink system, in addition to having the wifi connection for control via internal/tablet, or will my older PDA be a doorstop after the upgrade? Information I read online is fuzzy; it sounds like it may work, but the PDA then becomes a "on/off" remote only (no programming). That's perfectly ok if that is the case....I hate programming via the PDA anyway.

I'm also assuming this new firmware provides the capability to use the new ePump functionality (I know my system doesn't support the newer pumps right now).

Edit: I think I found the answers. Will my old PDA work? No. You need a rev 6 or higher PDA to work with iAqualink. Not really a problem though, since you can use a smartphone or tablet to control iAqualink. I have a cheapo Android tablet and I won't worry that it's not waterproof....who cares, it's cheap enough that I can buy another tablet if something happens.

The iAqualink will also control the new ePump/VS pumps....plus I noticed it will control your sprinkler system (if your RS system is properly equipped. I'll have to look into that).

My PDA will control my epump made by jandy. I think you are correct about making the PDA just a on/off remote. I thought about getting the upgrade but instead I installed the autelis controller. I put wifi out by my pool as well. The autelis is not much faster but now I can control my pool from inside my house. It was a lot cheaper.

Edit:mad: nxtpool if you are interested I can show you how I installed the wifi router and autelis controller. If it fairly easy to do.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I have a 2 year old Jandy PDA 6.

Jandy/Zodiac shows two different "Upgrade" kits. The iQ900-RS and the iQ900-PDA. My pool guy says that the RS unit is the one I want. Is there a difference between the two?

Pool guy quotes about $800 installed, which seems like a total ripoff considering my unit is 2 years old...

I have a PDA and for what I have been told by pool supplier plus jandy themselves is that if you have the pda you will use i900–pda. You can get the other one your pda would just become a on/off remote.

You can install it yourself. It is pretty easy to replace the main board.

The type of upgrade you can get is also driven by which firmware rev you have. I would give jandy a call.

It looks like a VERY simple install, but Zodiac/Jandy says

Can I install iAquaLink myself?
Installing iAquaLink is not a DIY project. Installing the iAquaLink device can involve working in close proximity to high-voltage, high-current electrical systems which have the potential to cause severe injury or death. It also requires detailed knowledge of how a pool automation system operates. Only a licensed, qualified pool professional or electrician should attempt to install iAquaLink. Before installing iAquaLink read all warnings contained in the Quick-Start Guide or the iAquaLink Installation Manual.

:hammer:

ie, Use one of our contractors and pay full retail plus install...

Nightmare said:
It looks like a VERY simple install, but Zodiac/Jandy says

Can I install iAquaLink myself?
Installing iAquaLink is not a DIY project. Installing the iAquaLink device can involve working in close proximity to high-voltage, high-current electrical systems which have the potential to cause severe injury or death. It also requires detailed knowledge of how a pool automation system operates. Only a licensed, qualified pool professional or electrician should attempt to install iAquaLink. Before installing iAquaLink read all warnings contained in the Quick-Start Guide or the iAquaLink Installation Manual.

:hammer:

ie, Use one of our contractors and pay full retail plus install...

If you shut down the aqualink rs you should be good to go. Jandy is just covering their butts w/ that statement. I work on electronics for a living so I comfortable doing it. The hardest part is routing the transmitter/receiver cable through the HV area to the LV area other than that it should be unhooking some connections, pulling the board and replacing it. If you do it make sure you go through your settings and write them down before hand. Jandy had me wipe my system once and doing it from memory was a pain. You could buy the upgrade and negotiate on the install cost. They might be charging you a 10% pass through cost for the equipment that is why I buy my own first.

jkurl said:
My PDA will control my epump made by jandy. I think you are correct about making the PDA just a on/off remote. I thought about getting the upgrade but instead I installed the autelis controller. I put wifi out by my pool as well. The autelis is not much faster but now I can control my pool from inside my house. It was a lot cheaper.

Edit:mad: nxtpool if you are interested I can show you how I installed the wifi router and autelis controller. If it fairly easy to do.

I picked up the Autelis a few days ago on eBay when I was looking for some other stuff. I wasn't really sure what it was at first so I did a little research and decided to buy it since it was cheap. I figured being able to use my phone to control it would be nice. I haven't opened the package or instructions yet but would love to hear how you installed yours.http://www.ebay.com/itm/230973946553?ss ... 1439.l2649

Owner/Builder said:
jkurl said:

I picked up the Autelis a few days ago on eBay when I was looking for some other stuff. I wasn't really sure what it was at first so I did a little research and decided to buy it since it was cheap. I figured being able to use my phone to control it would be nice. I haven't opened the package or instructions yet but would love to hear how you installed yours.http://www.ebay.com/itm/230973946553?ss ... 1439.l2649

What is funny about the eBay posting is that was my autelis controller I sold to you. Small world. I will send you a pm on how I installed it.

I just sent you a pm. If you need more help I can send you my number to help you over the phone. You got a great deal I paid over $200 for that thing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That was an excellent deal. I had actually never heard of the Autelis before but saw yours when looking for some other equipment that I needed. My Aquapalm remote always gets lost and the buttons stick sometimes and just generally acts wacky so I figured it might be nice to use my phone to control my system. So what made you decide to remove the Autelis system?

I upgraded to the iaqualink system and I wanted a rs8 board vice a RS4 board, so I figured if I was going to upgrade might as well bite the bullet and get the iaqualink.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.