Things are a bit different than this time last year! (PICS)

Speedo

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2011
Exactly one year ago today after a nice burst of 70s and 80s (over a couple weeks) made it possible to open the pool. No swimming of course, but it's always nice to have open!

open3-27_pic4-8_2012.jpg

Today, I'm posting a picture taken two days ago...

snow_pool_32513.jpg

It's just incredible to see how different each year is... :shock:

After reviewing this post I just noticed how green the trees were and most of the grass. On the plus side, half the snow has melted already and the remainder of it will almost certainly be gone by the weekend. Now all I need is a couple weeks of upper 60s and 70s. A slow increase is fine with me as long as we get steady 80s in May :mrgreen:

EDIT -- forgot to add, local news reported this as 18.5"

Re: Things are a bit different than this time last year! (PI

Speedo:

You are not alone. Even here in Texas (DFW), I have yet to take my first swim of the season. Previous two years I opened the swim season on St. Patrick's Day. Now we are into the double-digits days in April and still waiting. I was hoping for this weekend, but strong cold front just blew through last night and high temps today are forecast only in the low 50's with clouds/rain and tonight's lows are forecast to be in upper 30's to low 40's. So, plans for opening the swim season this weekend are now in jeopardy unless I let the heater run all day.

I think we all agree that it's time to kick winter to the curb for this year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.