Looking for advice on pool cleaner

Mrlittlejohn

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 17, 2013
OK... I am looking to get a cleaner to relieve the wife of forgetting to vacuum the pool (and not always remembering how to do everything). I was thinking a robotic to not bother my filtration system.

I have a 16X32 pool from 3' to 5' deep, pretty simple with steps in the shallow end at the corner with bench seats out on both sides. We have a screened enclosure around the pool so most large debree is kept out. Our dogs will track a few leaves in now and then, but that is all. I am wanting something for the fine debree cleaning. I think I will not need a remote with a simple design pool and want to keep my cost down.

I just purchased an Intellaflow variable speed pump to install very soon. I went with it as the cost was not much more than a 2 speed was going to cost and it will give me many options of programming (once I figure it out). It was $825 with free shipping and a 2 speed was going to be $700, that is why I decided to go this route. I don't think I want to go with a suction cleaner and create hassle of connecting and removing.

2 options that I have been considering are:

http://www.poolsupplyworld.com/SmartPoo ... NC31XL.htm
http://epicpoolsupply.com/ecojet-plus.php/ (More than I want to spend, but saw it had great reviews)

I am open for suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

A robotic cleaner will work well in your pool. Because you have an enclosure, cleaning your pool is a FAR easier job for the robot than if your pool was open.

A generalization is that you will pay for CLEANING POWER. The more a robot costs, the bigger job it will do. Your pool should be easy to take care of with robots in the mid price range.....about where you are looking.

I tend to think the ones with treads (dolphin, blue diamond, etc) might be a bit better but I have no knowledge that's true....just a feeling.

The very lowest end of the robot range is probably too skimpy and you may have some flimsy, breaking parts so I would suggest something around $600-$800 would do a good job for your pool and last a good while.

pool-school/automatic_pool_cleaners

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.