New Member, New Pool, New Deck

May 21, 2008
Granbury, TX
Just wanted to say Hi and to thank everyone for such a great forum. Just days ago I completed installing my deck around my new 24' x 16' ABG pool and I wanted to share them with you. I'm really blown away by the gorgeous pools on this forum and even though mine isn't going to win any awards it suits my family just fine, especially when this Texas sun heats up.

Attachments

• pooldeck1.jpg
    pooldeck1.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,218
  • pooldeck5.jpg
    pooldeck5.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,221
  • pooldeck3.jpg
    pooldeck3.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,220
Thanks. It's nice to have someone validate all of your hard work. We didn't want the closed in the feeling of the deck with railing, so we are going to see how this works out. Hopefully the Hanging Plant hangers that I'm adding to the deck will prevent my drunk friends from falling off the deck.

I've got some not-drunk friends who would fall off the deck... myself included :shock:

Very nice setup! You get just as wet in a small plain pool as you do in a huge fancy one! This year I have threatened a plastic wading pool on the deck... better than nothing!

Thank you for all of the kind remarks. I poked around a lot of forums before joining this one and I can say I'm ecstatic that I picked this one. Everyone is so nice and seems to truly want to help. What a breath of fresh air from the some of the other forums. THANKS

bedford,,,

Your pool and deck look great. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind. We are planning on doing our deck very similar to yours. Plan on putting the deck about have way up the pool with a small entry area even with top of pool on one side. My questions start here......how high is your deck off of the ground? Is your pool sunk at all, and if not, how high is it? Of course, how big is your deck? and it looks like you used all wood, is this correct? if so, did you consider composite decking at all and if so why did you end up going with wood.....can you share some of your factors??

I hope this isn't going to far with the questions,,, but we are just not sure about very much in our process right now but that we know we are getting a pool. We have paid for it and it is at the pool store waiting for the installer to pick up and bring it over. So, thanks for any and all info you may want to share......

Thanks, and it looks great!!

DMAN

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
DMAN11,

Ask all of the questions that you want, that's what this forum is all about. The pool is sunk in the ground on the backside of the pool opposite of the deck about 2 1/2' because my yard has about a 3' slope. The side where the deck is only about 4-6 inches below ground, so the deck height right at the pool is exactly 2' from the top of the pool. (52" pool wall buried 6"). Due to the slope of the yard, the outside edge furthest fron the pool is about 29" off of the ground. The decks length runs along the flat side of a 24'x16' oval pool and is 12'x16'. I decided to use the DekBlocks instead of building the traditional way, so I went with pressure treated lumber instead of the composite. The pressure treated 2x6's allowed me to span further than the composite deckboards, which cut down on the number of DekBlocks. I will say that I was a little skeptical going in using the DekBlocks but I'm now a believer. This deck is as solid as they come and it saved a lot of time not having to dig holes. Good Luck and feel free to ask any follow-up questions that you may have.

Enoy your new pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.