They'll try anything!

J20832

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 3, 2009
Olney, MD
Well, now I've seen it all... a recent pool store catalog arrived in the mail advertising "Instant Liquid Chlorine" as a "safer, easier to use alternative."

Upon closer inspection, it should have been labeled "very expensive cal-hypo 73%." Sad thing is that people have already made some very positive comments in the feedback section.

caveat emptor

So some (smart, probably rich) marketing guy said "Hey, this cal-hypo stuff... What if we market it as 'Instant liquid chlorine.' We can take 1 product, market it as 2, and make 3 times the profit." I wish I was that smart.

JohnN,

I think they are trying to salvage a piece of the chlorine market they have lost as people switch to liquid chlorine. On the website, it doesn't say what type of chlorine it is, you have to enlarge the picture and have good eyesight to be able to read off the label that it is cal-hypo.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.