I purchased a test kit

May 23, 2007
Central Jersey
I purchased a test kit today.

Wanted one right away, so I got the "Test Kit Residential Complete" (#18576) at Leslie's for $40.99. I intended to get the one I saw on their website for $49.99 but they were out. The store said the only difference between what I got and the one for $49.99 was that the plastic holder for Cl/Br/pH was different. Is this true?

Also, what is the difference between the "FAS-DPD Service Test Kit" for $63.99 and the "DPD Complete Kit" for $49.99?

Thanks!

The $49.99 kit is parallel to the Taylor K-2005, while the $63.99 kit is parallel to the Taylor K-2006. They are identical except that the K-2005 has the DPD chlorine test while the K-2006 has the FAS-DPD chlorine test. The FAS-DPD chlorine test has a much wider range and is significantly more precise. The DPD test measures FC and TC up to 5, or 10 with dilution, by comparing to a color standard, to the nearest 0.5, 1, or 2 depending on the value. The FAS-DPD chlorine test measures FC and CC up to 50 to the nearest 0.5, or 0.2 using the alternate instructions, using titration.

I am not sure what the $40.99 kit would be, it doesn't correspond to anything at their web site. I wonder if it is last years version of the Taylor K-2005. I hope it hasn't been sitting around for a year.

The residential complete uses a different pH reagent than the K-2005/K-2006/ DPD Complete/ FAS-DPD Service kits and a smaller pH comparator so the acid and base demand tests are not as accurate. If the kit includes the DPD chlorine tests, pH with acid and base demand, TA, CH, and CYA then it is the same as the Taylor K-1005. If it does not include these tests it is a K-1004 and you still need to purchase additional tests for CH and CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.