Placement location of waterfall on AGP

Mar 18, 2013
I am reading the forum before pool is installed to make informed decisions. Will be installing a waterfall on the deck surrounding a 27' round AGP. Do i need to consider placing the waterfall a far distance (such as across the pool from the skimmer) to not interfer with the skimmer's water rotation around the side of the pool? If i place the waterfall on the same side of pool as skimmer will this interupt the skimmer's effectivness as far as the waterfall's water flow diverting debris away from the skimmer?

Welcome to TFP!!! Thanks for filling out your signature!!!

I think you have a valid concern. Ideally it might be best to have it opposite the skimmer or at least "down stream" of it for your normal circulation pattern.

Of course, you also want it to be opposite of where you sit so as to enjoy the view.

Lets see if i can attach pic from ipad.

I am having installer put some sort of (pardon my inadequate technical terms) "y" ball valve after the filter/pump in the return line so i can tirn waterfall on/off using some of the return water to pool being diverted to the waterfall. Does this sound right way to do it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 258
That looks pretty snazzy! Is it poly/plastic stuff----and do you have a link/where from to share for it with us? Looks like it is pretty good sized..almost 10 feet wide. I understand a lot of that is just for looks, but I just wonder if you can provide enough "flow" for it at the same time as trying to circulate the pool or not . I'd do it even as an either/or situation! Is this gonna sit on a wooden deck?

Sure, here is link. Yes, poly stuff, just connect with 1.5" flex hose. The seller said no problem installing on deck next to AGP as edge is easily trimmed to fit with something like a drywall knife from what i can see on their install video. It's sitting in my garage on a pallet waiting for pool and deck install so it better work!! Won't run it all the time, so may have to be an either or on the valve open/ close , but i think it will have enogh flow for the effect.

http://www.poolrock.com/html/rock_swimm ... _wate.html

I have been kicking around this idea for about 2 years now also. I have an oval pool with a deck on only 1 side and i just can't figure out a way for this to look right in my scenario.
I have posted the question a few times if anyone has installed a waterfall on an above ground pool but as of yet i have not seen one.
I think one of the hard things to visualize is how will it look up off of the ground with not much plants or a wall behind it to give it a masculine feel not just something sitting there.
Can't wait to see some finished photos posted!

I would think you could build a free standing platform deck on opposite side of pool for waterfall to sit on that will leave just enough room behind waterfall to place potted plants/trees behind for effect. With this spring rain it will be a while before i can get any finished pics posted but i will in a couple months.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.