Newbie Pool owner needs help with Aqualink PDA Connection.

Mr_Ben

Dec 9, 2012
Finally closed escrow on my home and among the million or two problems, I've discovered the Aqualink PDA cannot connect to the Aqualink RS system.

I've tried changing it to ever channel, but that doesn't work. Can anyone, please recommend any other diagnostic procedures to get the PDA to communicate with the J-Box?

Thanks a bunch! :hammer:

Re: Newbie Pool owner needs help with Aqualink PDA Connectio

Did you change the channel on the PDA and the jbox or just the jbox or just the PDA. Jandy is very helpful w/ troubleshooting. You van try changing the batteries in the PDA and in the aqualink RS. The RS has a 9v. I have found sometimes the PDA has a tough time when the batteries are low even though the PDA might show the batteries are good. Open the jbox and see if has any LEDs lighting up. I have the PDA and it can be a bit of a pain at times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you Jkurl. So I changed the 9v and I was able to proceed a little more.

I was able to get the J-Box to communicate with the PDA to the point where I could more past the channel change screen to the next step. However, the PDA still does not allow me to proceed further than where it asks me to slide the learn switch out of "learn mode" and to hit the reset button on the J-Box.

I can't move past that screen.

Any advice?

Thanks a million.

Check the power center and make sure it is in auto and not service or time out mode.

Can you take a picture of your aqualink RS panel so I can see what modes you have running. It could be you have either a bad jbox, power center, PDA, loose wire or loose connector. You could try shutting down the entire aqualink RS panel for about a minute to reset the power center. Sometimes chips can get stuck and cause it to lock up or put out bad signals.

Edit: have a read of the manual. Section has some more troubleshooting tip. Sect 3.7.3 I think has how to change the channel again. http://www.inyopools.com/images/AquaLin ... nstall.pdf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wow, very kind of you Jerry. Thank you for the follow up.

Unfortunately, I have not had any luck getting it to connect. I even tried cleaning the connectors with rubbing alcohol. As soon as I get a chance, I'm going to upload some pictures.

Thank again! :)

Sounds like you at have a bad main board or the transmitter/receiver unit with the antenna. Once I see some pics of the main unit that will give me a better look at what might be possibly going on. You are welcome. Thought I would see if any of the solutions helped.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Trace the wires from the receiver to the panel and make sure all the wires are in place and secure.
I had the same problem.... Bought a new system and while installing, saw a wire on the old one wasn't connected.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.