pool store salinity reading is consistently about 600ppm lower

mkuzba

Mar 24, 2013
I have a Jandy Aquapure swg that's a year old now. Runs fine and automatically tells me salinity level. The issue is that every time I go to the pool store their salinity reading is consistently about 600ppm lower than my reading. They tell me to add salt but if the Aqualink reads a salt level too high the swg will shut down. Is this happening to anyone?

Re: Salt level dropped from 2900ppm to 2600ppm

The SWG is what needs to be happy, so if it thinks the salt is fine, don't sweat it.

If it starts to read lower and lower vs the store test, that could be a sign of the cell being dirty or wearing out.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Re: pool store salinity reading is consistently about 600ppm

You should test the salinity yourself and get a second test from another party. I had to adjust the salinity level for my Jandy system soon after installation. I tested it myself 3 times, using an electronic meter and test strips, as well as having it tested by two other pool companies. I then reprogrammed my Jandy for the correct level. Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.