New liner & salt advise

After three years and a few posts here I realize it is time to change my pool liner and while I’m at it, I’m going to add a salt water system. I have had several bids around $5000.00 for everything (ready to swim).
It is a standard 32’ x 16’ rectangle, 6’ deep.
I guess I’m going to stick with a local pool store because I feel more comfortable having a place of business to refer to if problems arise. I had one bid from a “does it on the side” guy that was $1000.00 less, however I have to provide my on electrician with him.

So any advice or things to look for before I “take a plunge” ?

My pool is about the same size and I will be using a T-15. The T-9 should be large enough, but may require longer pump run times which can shorten the life of the cell.

Everyone has a different answer because every pool is different, plus the common wisdom is just plain wrong on this. There is a great article in Pool School on how to figure out the ideal run time for your pool.

"Did your liner only last 3 years? If yes, why?"

No... I have lived in this house for three years, the liner is 12 years old.
When I moved in the pool had been closed for several years. I got it straight, but last Septmeber it ripped just above the water line. So I duck taped it and closed it for the winter.

Now I just want to start fresh with a new liner & salt system.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Re: New liner & salt advise

Sounds fine to me. That is basically what I have.

We would recommend at least 48 sqft DE filter and as long as there are no high flow rate needs like spa, water features, etc, then the 1 hp is fine.

What is your concern?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.