Okay, just got pump going...

imcj

May 18, 2010
Is it normal for the Intex 2,650-Gallon Sand Filter Pump to run at the top of the green on the gauge. I guess I'm just very nervous reading this is a high pressure pump and could cause damage and death. I know they have to put these things in the manuals to protect themselves, but am I really going to hurt myself with this thing!?

Also, I didn't see an L-shaped O ring which it asked for me to place on the 6-way valve inlet and the pump motor outlet. Is that something that is already in place? I looked, but I didn't see anything on it or in the box.

It seems to be running fine, but I guess I'm a little concerned that the gauge reads at the top of the green.

I do not know what the green means. Are there numbers too? If you are in the green, that should be fine right? I mean Green= good to go ;)

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

That is pretty low pressure for in ground equipment, but I do not know how the Intex stuff is designed.

I do not think the pump would be powerful enough to "blow the lid off". Is this the first time you have used this setup? Does the water seem to be flowing well?

Someone who knows more about this equipment should be along soon.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thank you and yes, this is the first time with this set up. I don't know if the water is flowing really well yet as it got dark before I finished and the lighting isn't great. I guess I'll know more in the morning.

As Jason, points out 10 PSI is not very high so I don't think there is any issue with the filter pressure. It might be slightly high for an Intex pump (usually small pumps). But as long as the return flow feels strong in front of the return, there should not be a problem.

But just to make sure, backwash the filter and then note the filter pressure. For maintenance, backwash again after the pressure rises 25%. So if the clean filter pressure is 10 PSI, then backwash after 12-13 PSI.

we got the 2650gph sand filter last year. I also noticed that the pressure reading seemed to be on the very high side of the Green, almost touching the Yellow. All I can say is that after many backwashes, probably around 7 or so, the pressure reading was about in the middle of the Green area, maybe just slightly higher than the middle..

If you didn't have the L-shaped o-ring on either side of the little hose that connects the Pump to the sand filter, you would be leaking. The oring should look like this... If you took a cross section of the oring, it would look like an "L" shape

Attachments

• L_oring.jpg
    L_oring.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 107

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Unfortunately, I do not think it is one you can just go pick up at a store. But, I think you could buy a normal o-ring. Make sure it fits the diameter of the hose, by that I mean it should be the same diameter of the 6way intake valve, don't make it smaller, as it would just go into the filter. Or another way to think of it is, on the hose side of things, it should be very snug against the inner part that you turn to screw on the hose.

I would call whoever you bought it from to send you the parts, overnight if possible.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.