Compupool and/or Circupool controls

Jan 16, 2013
Taxachusetts
Could someone with the Compupool or Circupool let us know what the control unit displays?

Does it display pool temp? example: 88
Does it display salt ppm? example: 2800ppm

We are building a 40K gallon pool, so I'd like to have a 60k gallon cell.

Seems the options are limited to Compupool/Circupool/Intellichlor IC-60

I wanted to get the IC-60, but I want to be able to determine salt ppm, temperature and diagnostic information.

Thanks!

Yeah, the AutoPilot looks decent. Their pricing seems to be a little out of whack though.

We had the AquaRite with our previous pool and I really liked being able to see the salt reading and temperature on the LCD. Also the diagnostic stuff to know when the cell was heading South.

The documentation out there on the Compupool and Circupool don't list what the LCD can actually show.
If it doesn't show any useful readings, I might as well just get the IC-60.

I just installed a circupool in RJ60 in a 30,000 gallon inground pool.
Yes it displays temp.
I did not see a salt ppm measurement , just a salt ok displayed, i call up the company and the told me with the new software , if the salt gets out of bounds it will display PPM .
And the add salt or over salt light will light.

I bought a small pocket salt tester on ebay for 25.00 seems to be quite acurite soo far..
The salt ppm was 480 before addind any salt so i put in 19 bags and i went to 3800 ppm .
Took overnight ( pump running , circupool off ) and a little brushing to disolve it all.
What they told me was whenever the add salt light comes on add a bag .

Discount salt pools in Texas , has a sale where you get a free size upgrade
But a RJ45 get free upgrade to a RJ60 ...saves 300 bucks !!! Or soo..
Happy with it so far , very heaveduty unit the entire back of the unit is a heat sink !!!

Thanks for the info Seanhan.

What is the vector jet for?

I wonder what the lowest salt ppm it can be run at.
I guess it says 3000. That's a wee bit salty for me.

We ran our aquarite at 2800....anytime the water went to 3000+ people would talk about the salt taste.
They didn't complain, but it was evident.

Hrmmmm.

The vector jet is a return fitting that causes the return jet to constantly change where it is pointed. It is a simple way to avoid having to aim the return(s) correctly, but it isn't as good as having the return(s) properly aimed in the first place (which is easy to do).

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I have the CompuPool CPSC-48 for 60,000 gallon pools. It shows pool temp and salt levels. I still trust my drops more though, but after some calibration my CPSC is pretty darn accurate. Compupool suggests 3500 ppm. I can taste salt at 1000 ppm, different people have different sensitivities.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.