If you hear of a tsunami in China.. I'm probably to blame.

imrodee

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 23, 2012
Waxahachie, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Now that it has warmed up somewhat.. the freeze alert quit coming on thru the night. I noticed my SWG wasn't making salt - which I guess is normal under certain degrees. So I've been doing the bleach as needed. It warmed up, and I started noticing that my spa level was down nearly an inch every morning from the spillover level. At night the pool seemed low. So I've been filling the pool every 2-3 days about an inch or more. It's been quite windy (nearly had white caps..) Plus, I have 2 automated Jandy valves.. and one of them I noticed doesn't come back a full 180 degrees. I'd say only about 150 degrees, so I thought maybe that valve was letting water drain back into the pool. I did the bucket test, and sure enough, the pool went low, and the bucket stayed the same. The PB came out last week and changed the check valve (I guess a common issue.) Next morning.. spa down an inch.

Wednesday, I ran my tests and the CYA was a whopping 30! I added stabilizer and anything else I needed and called the PB. He said to chlorinate the pool and flip the breaker(s) off and he'd come check it Saturday. That would help him zero in on the leak. Well, here it is 2 days later and the spa level has dropped 6 1/2 inches!!! The pool is exactly where is was on Wednesday. That's a big leak - isn't it? The grass is not wet, the pool equipment is bone dry. There were no extra bubbles in the basket holder (plastic top) by the pump before I turned it all off. In fact, the water is still at the top with the same one bubble.

My salt level (according to the Easytouch monitor was 1800 too!) I guess I should have suspected something when the PC told me to add 120 pounds of salt. I usually add some, then test, then add again and again until I get a good reading. I have learned a really good lesson. The chem tests can show you more than just numbers. I have a serious leak!

I am praying for an easy fix… Any thoughts or questions I might ask?

Attachments

• IMG_0218.jpg
    IMG_0218.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 160
Re: If you hear of a tsunami in China.. I'm probably to blam

imrodee said:
I noticed my SWG wasn't making salt
There's your problem, It's not supposed to. :mrgreen:

Fix your leak before you add more salt, that will save money. Keep on the pool builder if it is still under warranty. Even if it isn't keep on him, you want to fix that leak asap.

Pool Clown said:
imrodee said:
I noticed my SWG wasn't making salt
There's your problem, It's not supposed to. :mrgreen:

Fix your leak before you add more salt, that will save money. Keep on the pool builder if it is still under warranty. Even if it isn't keep on him, you want to fix that leak asap.

:oops: I meant chlorine.. :hammer: Just keep the bleach up - right?

It rained thru the night - not sure how much, but I just went out and measured. The Spa level is down 8 inches from Wednesday at 4:00 o'clock. :shock: :shock: :shock: I hope we get this figured out, because the next 3 nights the temperature is supposed to drop into the 30's!!

Yes, we are under warranty, thank goodness! I know our PB will make it right - it's one of the main reasons we went with him.

Crud - it's HAILING OUTSIDE RIGHT NOW!!

Spa leaking really bad.. 9 inches low in 3 days.

Well, No PB today.. Equipment is off, the weather forecast shows it's going to get down to 41 degrees tonite. :cry:

The SWG will shut off if the pool water temperature getsto cold, mine hasn't been active for about three months this winter..

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.