IntelliFlo VS Pump 011018 Run Time and the like...

Sabot

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 2, 2007
Austin, TX
Installed the new VS pump this morning. The LCD display is not working well, pentair will be sending a tech over to replace it. It was working long enough for me to program a basic routine. Set the speed to 1200 rpm which yields me about 20 gpm (i installed a flow meter a few years back). Watts used is around 190. Set to run 12 hours at this speed. 6am - 6pm.

I have turned off the solar for now so i can find the lowest speed I can run the pump and get the needed turns to keep it clean.

Questions:

1) Watts used is per second, minute, hour?
2) How many turns am i getting now?
3) What is the recommend turns for a pool of my size?
4) I am open to ideas to aid me in saving money on my electric bill! :)

1) Yes. Watts is the amount of power used at a specific time. In your case 190 watts * 12 hours = 2.28 kW-hrs per day
2) The number of turns does not matter. You just need to run long enough to keep your pool looking to your liking. You are moving 20 G/min * 60 min/hr* 12hr = 14,400 Gallons. So you are getting 14.4/20 = 72% of a turn ... not that it matters
3) See #2
4) Shorten your run time. You may find you get better skimming by have multiple shorter pump runs. Some also run on a higher speed for short periods to draw more into the skimmer. Also, I think it is found that ~1000 rpm is the most efficient for your pump.

PS: per the Forum Rules, please shorten your signature to 5 lines max ... Thanks :goodjob:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.