pump to pool pipes depth of trench

Essentially both answers are correct. Generally you bury pipe deeper in colder climates to keep them below the frost lien. For pools that get properly winterized each year it doesn't really matter as there is no water in the pipes to freeze, but as an extra layer of protection it is nice to have pipes below frost depth.

I'm sure there is a building code somewhere that applies. Before I picked up a shovel, I'd find out. I have found reference to a Uniform Swimming Pool, Spa & Hot Tub and Uniform Solar Energy Code, but it looks like you may have to buy a copy to get the good stuff. Or spend more time searching than I've spent.

I did stumble across this code tidbit that would apply where I live:
At least 36” of pipe between the filter and the heater to allow for future addition of solar heating required. Per 2008 Building Energy Efficiency Standards (BEES)

Take the time to find out all this stuff before you start digging. And you may find out they want a layer of base rock or sand in the trench. It will ultimately save time if you do it right the first time. You don't want to have to dig things up later.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.