Water exercises?

Sep 18, 2012
Lake Nona, Florida
So... I built our pool because DW and kiddo wanted a pool - I did not want a pool.

But now that we have it and the solar is working and it looks inviting I kinda like it! It's not big enough to swim laps but I do manage to get a minor amount of exercise in the water and this seems like it could be a nice way to get low impact exercise. On a quick google I'm finding lots of gadgets to help at all kinds of price points. For sure I don't need a $50 gizmo that will end up in the garage... but still this idea seems to have merit.

What exercise do you all do? What kind of equipment have you gotten (that you actually use). Any suggestions for me?

I think the trick is to just be active in the pool. You can probably burn lots of calories treading water for as long as you can but that is very boring. On the other hand if you were playing volley ball or swim tag you'd be burning calories as well without the boredom.

My wife likes to use some foam dumb bells and some strap on hand paddles for resistance---both by speedo. Cheaper even........she spends a lot of time just jogging in place too.

We get together with friends and do water arobics in our pool at least once a week. About a 45 min workout paced to music. We use the foam dumbbells and noodles for some of our routines.

We do have the advantage of an experienced instructor, but you can just do a bit of online research and come up with a good workout routine.

The Home Swimmer looks interesting, but I don't understand why you need the pole. It seems like they should have a base version with a bungy cord that you could tie / clamp to a pool ladder or diving board, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.