Question for my personal pool....

msumoose

In The Industry
Apr 19, 2012
I am about to replace the liner in my personal pool. That is easy enough, but my conundrum is this:

Since I bought this house (with the pool), the "light" (use the term loosely) has not functioned. I hate it. It is a Pentair Aqualumin 2 (It may be a 1). Immediately I replaced the bulb, and that worked for 2 weeks, and then the seal around the lens failed, allowing water into the internals of the light. Needless to say, the light is now garbage, as I can only get a replacement for the whole light, and not just the rear, metal parts that I need (they are corroded).

I would rather not replace the light with the Aqualumin 3 due to this experience and the experience of some of my clients with this same light. This is a nicheless design light, so my options are, well, none.

I have come across the Savi Buddy light that only requires a 1.5" threaded retrun to install. I have talked to tech support at Savi, but they had no experience replacing an Aqualumin with the Buddy.

My question is:

Is there a way to retrofit a 1.5" return into the pool wall through the liner (while it is out) so that it meets up with my conduit so that I can install this light for the Aqulumin light?

No one seems to have tried this before. I do not want to bust up concrete to get behind the wall, so a regular, compression wall fitting will not work. There has to be a product out there to get this done, I just don't know about it!

The conduit is there. There is a junction box in my diving board stand. I just need to know if there is a way to add a 1.5" return fitting without digging up behind the wall.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.