My New Outdoor Helper

texasbrew

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Humble, TX
I recently got my Cookshack PG-500 pellet grill.

IMG_0394.jpg

It has 5 distinct heat zones (1 direct grill on cast iron grates, a zone above that is about 25 degrees lower, then one to the top and right that is 50 degrees lower, and then one right next to the direct that is the same temp as the digital readout, lastly there is a warming drawer for things like buns and tortillas.

IMG_0393.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

Here is a pic of a recent cook that I did where I was able to cook beans and brisket at the same time on this cooker.

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

Well, that leaves little doubt where the next TFP barbecue will be held. With 45,000 members, you can expect a fairly large crowd......will you require RSVP's so you'll know how much beer to get? :roll: :roll:

What is the horsepower rating on that elegant beast? 10-15? :mrgreen:

(Seriously, that is a great looking unit and the pics indicate you know how to use it...congratulations)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
That might have been from a burger cook. I do brisket on the pellet cooker around 200 F until I foil (with pellet cookers the lower the temp the more smoke). I then crank it up to 250 after I foil to get the cook done. This cooker will go up to 600 F to put a nice sear on a steak (600 F where the probe is means the flame zone is actually closer to 900 F).

[quote="texasbrew"This cooker will go up to 600 F to put a nice sear on a steak (600 F where the probe is means the flame zone is actually closer to 900 F).[/quote]Wow, that is a nice sear temp :cheers: It would work great for the "reverse sear" technique...which happens to be my newer preferred method of grilling steak.

I'm getting by with a MES-40 electric smoker and an AMNPS pellet burner. Still have to use my old gas fired grill for high temps, MES only goes to to 275, but puts out great smoked Q.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.