Did a search and didn't find what I was looking for on CH

Jun 24, 2007
Eastern NC
Maybe I didn't look in the right places or use the correct search words but I couldn't find info on CH and what the level should be for a vinyl liner. I checked mine today and got a reading of 30. I keep our pool open all year and figured since the weather was getting nicer that I needed to get on top of the chemicals a little tighter now. I never really thought much of the CH since I want to say I read on here that it isn't really important for a vinyl pool but wanted to make sure since reading my test kit manual stated that it should be between 200 and 300.

Salt level = 3000
PH = 7.3
TA = 80
FC = 5
CH = 30
CYA = 20, I'm slowly raising it back up to 70.
24,000 gallon IG with vinyl liner that was just replaced in 2011 which is when the SWG was added. Also using a Pentar Quad 4 DE filter.

Re: Did a search and didn't find what I was looking for on C

Recommended levels article in Pool School.

Low CH does not matter for your liner. High can be bad.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Re: Did a search and didn't find what I was looking for on C

I think some heaters prefer a slightly higher CH level as well ... closer to the plaster recommendations. May not be applicable to you though.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.