Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Leaning....2nd post, please help

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Leaning....2nd post, please help

I posted this in above ground pools, haven't gotten any responses maybe I should have posted it here.

http://www.troublefreepools.com/viewtopic.php?t=5674
    8000 gallon, AG, Sand filter 22", 2spd pump (2hp)
    SolarPRO XD1 Solar Heater, Hayward aqua bug vac.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Nicole, I'm replying just so you don't think you're being ignored. Unfortunately, I don't have the answer on how to fix your problem, which is why I didn't reply to your other post. We used to have a gent that posted here that installed pools, but he hasn't posted in a while, I think. I do hope someone else can answer your question. If not, then your next best bet would be to find a reputable pool builder in your area and have them look at it.

Good luck.
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

3. Back To Top    #3

Nicole 12, when did you noticed your pool to be leaning or rather tilting? And since then, did it deteriorate further? Your 3/4" is the level differences between the 2 longer ends or the shorter 2 sides. How much are the vertical sides (wall) leaning as compared to other sides? What are your pool's dimensions?

Post your figures then the gurus will take it from there.
    8,000 gal IG concrete & tiled lap pool, 1/2 hp pump, 24" sand filter, SWG Auto Clean, whole pool under shed, 3 X 2ft waterfall one end overflow the other end. TF100 Testkit. 80 F Water whole year round.

4. Back To Top    #4
    It could just be that the ground has sunk or heaved under a bottom rail. Do you have frost in your area or a high water table? Sometimes its just a matter of shaving down the substrate in one area if the rest of it is level. Frankly I'm not convinced that it looks horribly off - I have seen worse but level is always best if possible.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!