Polymer or Steel in Upstate NY

Mar 19, 2013
Rochester, NY
I'm new to this site.
I'm torn between the two, Polymer and Steel? One company (very large company here 160 pools a year) says Polymer, because it keeps in the heat and Steel rusts. Another company (One man owner, he's on site, does 30 pools a year) likes to use good old reliable steel, but will do Polymer if I choose. I feel that the one company that wants us to use Polymer is just trying to sell their "stock", and I feel in my gut I should stick to good old steel. Can anyone give me some good advise/review on ether product?

Thank you

I don't think a definitive advantage of one over the other has ever been determined here on the forum. Lots of people have asked the question and there have been many answers but I don't think there is any clear "winner"

Welcome to TFP. I live in Dutchess county and there are plenty of 30+ year old steel pools around. Both will do just fine, but I would suggest going with the contractor you feel most comfortable with and the best references and warranty. I've seen one too many pools take all summer to get installed :oops:

We build polymer because it won't rust. Also the polymer that we use has a transferrable warranty. Not sure if steel can offer that. Polymer doesn't rot or degrade as steel will. We have taken brand new steel panels off the delivery truck that have had rust on them. Personally I would go with a polymer panel over steel.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.