what is a turbo valve?

May 28, 2012
Can anyone tell me what a "turbo valve" is?

here's why I'm asking. I have had a valve actuator fail on me. The motor has just burnt out. We're still within our first year of a homeowners protection insurance. The policy states that valves are covered under the policy but 'turbo valves' are not.

When I research a turbo valve the only thing close I can find is the old Turbo Clean nozzles by master pools. Those are definitely not valve actuators. Is there some other kind of valve actuator that could be called a turbo valve???

No idea. Seems like you should be able to call the HPI and ask them what they mean and confirm if the actuator is covered.

FYI, the Intermatic actuators can be found for < $70 online and the install should be pretty easy if they are not going to cover it.

I imagine it is $50 for them just to come out and look right?

Yep - try $60. yeah, I've seen the cheaper ones online and that's the direction I'll go. I just thought if it is covered well great - that's what insurance is for. But of course with every insurance company they're in the business of not paying claims, even legit ones. Infuriates me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.