Start up malfunction

Dec 14, 2011
[attachment=0:2lw8kwaf]Spa_resize.jpg[/attachment:2lw8kwaf]
I've got a jacuzzi 480 that's 2-3 yo. Went to take a soak and got "Start up malfunction error" Flow switch is not functional.
Is there anything I can do? I pulled the filters and restarted but I still get the same error.
Where is the flow switch located?

Thx

Attachments

• Spa_resize.jpg
    Spa_resize.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 47
look up the part on line with you model number. there should be a pic of it. i looked for it but not sure if it was the right one. it showed a clear t pipe with a black flow switch with 2 wires coming out of it. but it shoud be on the 3/4 in hose that goes from your small 24/7 pump to your heater. it should have 2 wires going to the top of it. it's supost to shut things down if no water is going threw the heater. it could be the small pump isn't pumping anymore.

make sure you cut the power to the spa before messing with it. you should be able to find online how to test the switch with a ohms meter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.