Getting ready for new pool. HELP!!!!

Mar 17, 2013
Hi All!!
I am new here but have been reading and lurking for few weeks now. Definitely the most and best info found on this site.

Anyways I am looking into putting in an above ground pool. I fought it off for quite a few years now but can't fight them anymore. So the battle was lost. HAHA.

Looking at a 24' 54" Matrix from pool supply world. See quote I was given. Is there anything you guys would add, change, remove, upgrade or anything in general. I now about test kits and making sure the water is right but I'm not at that point yet. I just want to get the hardware correct first. One question I had is on the pump. Why this one over others? Would 1 HP be better? Same with filter? I want a sand filter but is this one good. I have good things about Pentair so that's good but there are so many types. Is the liner on the side walls really necessary? The curbing really needed?

Thanks for the help in advance. Hopefully I didn't leave anything out but I'm sure I did.

Product Name Price Qty. Total
Matrix 24' x 54
Matrix 24' x 54" Round Above Ground Swimming Pool
Item Sku #: PMAT2454RRRRRS1
$1,501.99 1 $1,501.99

LinerShield Pool Cove
24' Round Above Ground Pool Peel and Stick Liner Cove Protection Kit
Item Sku #: PC24R
$72.99 1 $72.99

24' Round Mystri Gold
24' Round Mystri Gold Unibead 54" Depth Above Ground Pool Liner
Item Sku #: LI2454MGU
$328.99 1 $328.99

Wall Foam
24' Round Above Ground Premium Pool Wall Foam Kit
Item Sku #: WFKIT-24
$131.99 1 $131.99

Liner Floor Padding
24' Round Above Ground Pool Liner Premium Protection
Item Sku #: LLGP24R
$113.99 1 $113.99

Baracuda Ranger Pool Cleaner
Residential Suction Side Automatic Above Ground Pool Cleaner
Item Sku #: W01698
$142.99 1 $142.99

Chemical Package AG Large
Startup Chemical Kit for 24' or Larger Pools
Item Sku #: NY998
$313.99 1 $313.99

OptiFlo Pool Pump
OptiFlo Vertical Discharge 1-1/2HP Above Ground Pool Pump Dual Speed Motor with 3' Standard Cord, 115V
Item Sku #: 347992
$253.99 1 $253.99

Pentair Tagelus Top Mount Sand TA 60D
Tagelus Top Mount Sand TA In Ground Pool Filter with ClearPro Technology
Item Sku #: 145201
$464.99 1 $464.99

Zeobest Sand Alternative 25lb
ZeoBest Sand Alternative 25 lbs
Item Sku #: NA510-1
$18.99 5 $94.95

Beaded Receiver
24' Round Above Ground Pool Liner Beaded Receiver Track Kit - 19 Pack
Item Sku #: BR-24
$72.99 1 $72.99

This quote will expire in 30 days (04/12/2013)
Quote Subtotal: $3,493.85

Again can't thank you enough.

Welcome to the forum. :lol: I can comment on the pump, filter and chemistry.

1. Skip that start-up chemistry package for $313. You can do what's required for less than $50 and you'll understand it having purchased the items yourself.

2. The 2-speed pump is not a bad idea. It should save you some electrical costs being able to run on low most of the time. I would rather see you get a 1hp 2-speed Pentair or Hayward. They make nice stuff but it maight cost a bit more.

3. I would also skip that Ranger Pool vac.. You can start with a hose, vacuum head, and a GOOD pole for about the same price and you will need the pole for a leaf net and perhaps brush, anyway.

4. That filter is fine (I think). I couldn't find the flow rate on that filter but it looks like it will match up nicely with a good 1HP pump

5. We've had too many negative reports on zeobest so we don't recommend it but rather plain pool filter sand. It seems when zeo works it works really well but there is some inferior zeo brands out there and no one has mentioned how that inferior product can be avoided. Sand works just fine and will save you some more money.

Others will comment on the pool itself.

Welcome
The wall foam is personal preference. I don't have it and if I had to do it again I wouldn't get it. The pool coving is nice. I like mine. Liner protection if you think you need it for rocks,roots,nut grass etc. I would consider the 1hp 2speed pump. I love mine. I would also skip the chem's. I forgot to mention a solar cover. That will help with heat loss. Lots of toys!!!!

Two most important things.
Read pool school.
Get yourself a good test kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 to The 2 posts above.The bead receiver is nice but not essential.It's nice in that if you ever have to replace the liner you don't have to remove the pools top rail.Look into a good winter cover,wall brush,manual vacuum,pole,skimmer plate and hose.The preformed cove is nice it will save some time on the install and give a nice uniform look.Look on http://www.youtube.com for"aboveground pool pros" they have a nice 5 part series on how to install an aboveground pool some parts won't apply to you,it'll really help when install time comes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKJx_1174do aboveground pool pros 5 part Super Simple install series

If you want the wall foam, you can get it much cheaper at poolsupplies.com.

I didn't see a ladder or steps in your quote. How are you going to get into the pool? Check above site for those too! They were cheaper than psw!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.