DE filter pressure gauge is reading 0

Mar 16, 2013
Split off of this topic. Please either ask the original poster a question in their topic, or ask your own questions in your own topic. JasonLion

did you or anyone ever find out why your de filter pressure gauge was reading 0 ? i am having exact same issue, i have a hayward de6020 de filter and the pump is pumping water just fine and coming out all of the returns, i have replaced gauge twice now, i made sure that i used teflon tape when i installed gauge and i hear no air leaks anyhere, as far as i can tell everything is working normal except i show zero pressure ? can anyone help me?

There are a number of things that can cause the pressure to read zero. By far the most common is a broken gauge. It is also possible for the teflon tape wrapped around the threads to accidentally block the input port to the gauge. Or the pipe/connector that the gauge is attached to can be blocked in some way.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.