Carli in Puerto Rico

carli

Mar 16, 2013
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Hi everyone, my name is Carli and I am a beginner in pool stuff. I hope to learn a lot
from you guys. I bought this house that already have a 13,500 gal. in-ground pool with a 36sq. DE Purex filter.
Jandy never lube valve, Hayward motor and multiport valve. I am adding some photos of my pool so you
can give me any suggestions. Thank's.

Attachments

• IMG_0327_2.JPG
    IMG_0327_2.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0334_2.JPG
    IMG_0334_2.JPG
    457.6 KB · Views: 99
duraleigh said:
Hi, Carli,

Welcome to the forum. :lol: Are you having any pool issues at the moment where you need some help?

That's a VERY nice looking pool, btw.

No issues at this time. I have been reading a lot in this forum and managed to have the pool clean and balance.
The only thing is that the pool floor is a little bit stain. The previous owner stop taking care of the pool and their
where a lot of leaves at the bottom that I suspect were the cause of staining the pool. What is the usual correction
of this problem?
Pardom my English I am not a native English speaker.

If the stain is from leaves, it is an organic stain and elevated chlorine in your pool will remove it but it may take a little time.

I could suggest how high to elevate your chlorine but I would need to know your current chlorine and CYA level first.

duraleigh said:
If the stain is from leaves, it is an organic stain and elevated chlorine in your pool will remove it but it may take a little time.

I could suggest how high to elevate your chlorine but I would need to know your current chlorine and CYA level first.

Chlorine = 1.5
CYA = 40

I should mention that I bought a Taylor 2006 test kit instead of the TFP 100. Is this readings as reliable as the TFP 100?

I have a question. I understand that once a week I should shock my pool to get rid of CC.
Now, if my pool is 13,500 gal. with a CYA of 35 ppm how-many pounds of (chlorine) I am using
Re-Fresh a powder that is 68%cal-hipo should I put in? Or which is the mathematical procedure?
By the way I bought the Pool Calculator for my iphone and it is great but I am not sure that the
order of the tests is as it should be. Is this correct or not? Thank you in advance.

Welcome! I am sure if you have a question about pools you will get a quick reply in this forum...

Now, your original question was asking for suggestions?

Since you live in Puerto Rico AND have a pool, I would suggest an invite! :whoot:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Welcome to tfp, carli :wave:
carli said:
I have a question. I understand that once a week I should shock my pool to get rid of CC.
Actually, here at tfp we do not recommend a weekly "shock". Take a look at this pool school article for how to properly maintain your pool so that you do not need to do a weekly "shock": http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/basic_pool_care_schedule

carli said:
Now, if my pool is 13,500 gal. with a CYA of 35 ppm how-many pounds of (chlorine) I am using
Re-Fresh a powder that is 68%cal-hipo should I put in? Or which is the mathematical procedure?
By the way I bought the Pool Calculator for my iphone and it is great but I am not sure that the
order of the tests is as it should be. Is this correct or not? Thank you in advance.
As mentioned above, you do not need a weekly "shock". Be careful with the cal hypo since it adds calcium to your pool and eventually can cause scaling if the CH (calcium hardness) level gets too high. Most of us use the pool calculator to calculate our chemical additions.

As mentioned above, you do not need a weekly "shock". Be careful with the cal hypo since it adds calcium to your pool and eventually can cause scaling if the CH (calcium hardness) level gets too high. Most of us use the pool calculator to calculate our chemical additions.[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. My CH is 280 right now and I have a pail of Re-Fresh (65% Cal hipo) that is going to
last like a year or so. Wich chlorinator will you suggest? I will be monitoring the HC so it don't get to high.
Since you use Pool Calculator in the goal section of the iphone version it instruct me to put in my primary source
of chlorine. The choices are bleach, swg and trichlor. If I only use Cal Hipo what should I mark as my primary source?