Swg newbie PPM results?

roth79

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2009
So my new Pentair ic40 shows green light for salt and with my new Taylor K1766 I got from David with my TF100 kit, the salt shows 17 drops which is 3400PPM, so how does the 200-400 range come into play, is there a formula you guys use for that number, my FC today is 5 in florida sun with a temp of 69 degrees.

Thanks,

R

Salt just needs to be in range. Where exactly it is in the range really doesn't matter, aside from it being nice to be towards the high end of the range at the start of the season so you won't go off the bottom of the range before the end of the season. That is what the 200-400 high thing is about, making sure you have some room for it to go down without having to adjust it again. Regardless of where the salt level is, as long as it is in range the SWG will make essentially the same amount of chlorine (given the same % setting and the same pump run time).

For an IntelliChlor the ideal salt level is 3400. To start the season you want to be around 3600 to 3800. Lets take the middle of that range and aim for 3700. Go to the Pool Calculator, plug in 3400 as your starting salt level, 3700 as your target level, and add the amount of salt it says to add. Typically I round that amount to the nearest full bag, there is little point in worrying about half a bag here or there (unless your pool is quite small).

None of the salt related process has anything at all to do with your FC level.

For FC level you need to know your CYA level, look up your target FC level given that you have a SWG and your current CYA level. Then adjust the percentage setting based on your current level and your target level: raise the percentage if your current level is low, and lower the percentage if your current level is high.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.