Actuators for in floor cleaning systems

CB

LifeTime Supporter
Oct 21, 2012
Central Ohio
Just curious.Why doesn't someone make an infloor cleaning system that uses actuated valves.If you had one of those systems that uses 4 zones you could use 2 3-way valves and 1or 2 actuated shutoff valves (depending if the system had it's own pump) to turn your zones on and off via something like an Intermatic timer.I may be off my rocker but those valves and actuators don't seem to have very many problems. Or maybe a system that uses a manifold with something like irrigation solenoids to operate zones,infinitely expandable.I like the solenoid idea better.

Thoughts?

I see your point about price.I guess I should ask ,on average how long does an infloor cleaning systems control valve last before it needs serviced or replaced ? I don't really know how much an infloor cleaning system costs,but lets say it costs $6000,whats another $500.You just spent $60,000 or more for an inground gunite pool.As for reliability I would tend to disagree,everything has it's pro and cons.Do you have an irrigation system,how often does it fail ? I mainly use the ASCO solenoid valves at work,very reliable but not cheap.If you had to rebuild/replace a solenoid (IRRIGATION SOLENOID) your only talking about $10-$20 to rebuild and $60-$100 to replace per solenoid.Of course KISS is often the best route.The old Intermatic mechanical timer is almost bulletproof,it's about as simple as it gets.It really is a testament of keeping things simple.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.