Details. Details. Details.

savela

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2012
Well, we filled out pool Dec 15th and the weather is now where can enjoy it. The hot tub has seen plenty of use but not until recently have we entertained, if only a bit. Below are a few pics. We've enhanced the experience with some landscape lighting, outdoor speakers, aluminum furniture refinishing and landscaping. We plan on buying more furniture over the months but for now it serves our purposes quite well. We're beyond pleased and our kids are having a blast. For the original build, search for: Done in Corpus Christi. Enjoy!!

Attachments

• IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    434.5 KB · Views: 1,055
  • IMG_0059.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG
    505.9 KB · Views: 1,033
  • IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    416.4 KB · Views: 1,032
Seating area, outdoor speakers (PSB from Crutchfield) attached to Bose expansion zone and wired through attic, powder coated aluminum furniture (previous paint was badly chipped and I read this was the way to go, time will tell).

Attachments

• IMG_0060.JPG
    IMG_0060.JPG
    502.8 KB · Views: 1,016
  • IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    405.6 KB · Views: 1,014
  • IMG_0058.JPG
    IMG_0058.JPG
    425 KB · Views: 1,013
Seriously ... VERY nice!!!

I love the bright lights ... wish mine had 2 instead of the single one at the deep end ... the colors do not hardly even reach the shallow end.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks guys!

Shane, I agree - landscape lighting gave by far the most bang for the buck. Purchased all items from Landscape lighting world. Their website was extremely informative and made the process understandable. LED lights are a bit costly up front but I'm hoping to not have to change a bulb. The color was a bit off (slt more white) but I am used to it now and in fact now prefer the cleaner look of the whiter light.

Jason, my pool builder thankfully recommended 2 lights. Not as bright as the standard halogens(?) so I understand where you're coming from.

I'll add some pics of our laminar jets which also have LED's once the wind dies down.

Thanks again for the nice comments!!

Very nice! What size is your Pergola? Is is a kit or custom? Are they 6x6 or 8x8 posts and is it cedar or treated luber wrapped with cedar? Last question for now :) how did you secure it to the pool deck?

17' by 17' (14' center of post to center of post). Solid cedar. Purchased from Average Joes Pergola on line and delivered as kit. Was rough cut so I sanded posts, routered post edges and applied sealer. Posts were set in concrete footings prior to the deck being poured. Also had top slats placed 4" on center (vs 6") for more shade. Well made (stainless hardware etc and slotted). Posts are 6".

Hey Texgirl. Your pool look awesome BTW. As for my furniture, I searched for 'powder coating'. There are a bunch of places all over Texas. I think it was worth the expense a our aluminum furniture looked awful!!!! Looks great now. We chose a textured finish. They sand blast it clean and apply a base primer followed by a baked on powder coat. Tough as nails, I hear. We'll see.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.