Intellibrite lights/bubblers and Suntouch - help please!

We have a new pool with a suntouch controller with the remote with the four options.

We have a heated spa, spillover feature, intellibrite lights in the pool and spa, as well as Pentair intellibrite bubblers.

Right now the remote is set up as follows:
  • pool and spa lights are on a button together,
    the bubbler LEDs are on another button
    the spa is on a third and finally
    the spillover is on the fourth

I'm not sure why they have the spa/pool lights on the same cycle with the bubblers cycling separately? Shouldn't they be synced? I'm struggling with how to get them to operate together.

Finally, is there any way to use the suntouch to control the water to the bubblers on the remote?

Thanks so much!!

The SunTouch system is able to control four things. One has to be the spa. Another for the spillway. Leaving two for lights. You can divide your three lights between the two circuits any way you want.

The SunTouch system can control up to three valves. The spa requires two valves, leaving one available. I don't see anything in your list that needs the third valve other than the bubblers, so it should be possible to have the SunTouch control a valve to turn the bubblers on and off. If you do that, you will probably want to dedicate one of the two light circuits to the bubblers (LEDs and valve together), leaving the pool and spa lights on the remaining circuit. That is probably what the installer was thinking when they setup you system, though it isn't clear why they didn't already hook up an automated valve for the bubblers.

LED Bubblers lights not working properly - suntouch problem?

So it turns out the Pentair LED bubblers can't be controlled using the suntouch nor can they be synced with the intellibrite pool/spa lights (despite our builders' claims. The Pentair literature says they sync, but they don't "remember" the last setting so they end up out of sync with the pool/led. When we turn them off they reset to the first light show meaning we have to click through using the remote to get back to solid blue, for example. Not only doesn't it "remember" but using the suntouch remote to change them is a crapshoot, 14-24 clicks later you "might" be on the colour or show you wanted. I'm not sure if this is because we have the suntouch, or just a problem with the bubbler lights generally.

I am thinking we may need to look at upgrading our automation from the suntouch to the easytouch or add the intellibrite controller. Does anyone know the cost of upgrading to the easytouch? We're just two weeks post-build so it's likely we could get credit for the suntouch but just would like an idea of options before we start negotiating. We have a spa, spillover, the lights and the led/bubblers.

The intellibrite control system might be an option as well because at least we can reset the colour more easily.

The intellibrites in the pool and spa work as designed - sync together and when turned on return to the last colour used.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.