PB says black granite liner will look dirty.....

Mar 8, 2013
New Hampshire
We are at the point where we have to pick the liner very soon and I wanted a black granite liner. My pool builder says I will hate it and it will always look dirty. I am curious as to thoughts on this, plus do you have pictures if you happen to have this liner.. If we do not go that route we will probably go sandstone color... Thanks in advance for any help on this huge decision.

We will be installing black granite liner in the next 10 days or so. I will posts pics when in. I have only seen photos online and not in person so I have my fingers crossed that it will look as I had hoped.

cramar said:
Personally I think that sandstone liners look great, I wish I had one of those.

They look fabulous IMO! I had a sandy rock bottom in my old liner which is my avatar. :-D

I'd really like to see a black liner though!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When i worked for a pool service company we serviced a black pool (plaster) and it looked awesome! It had a great stone coping and patio to match (looked like slate but was probably something else). I went with a blue liner in my pool but I would go with the black anytime.

I think there was a nice wooded setting in NC where a member built a liner pool on a hilly site in the last two years. I recall it looking awesome but can't comment on whether it will look dirty. That line of thinking tends to sound without basis to me. I think it will look like a dark liner pool. You can see dirt on any color it seems. But some may hide it better. If the lagoon look is what you are going for then get the black liner. They look really cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.