How long pump operation with New Pool

Bit long in my book. Especially this time of year.

I run mine 2 hrs on high speed and 2 on low during the heat of the summer and seems to keep the pool clean enough for me. Plus my pool is bigger than yours but you may need to experiment some because every pool is different and some need more skimming time than others. But I would keep high speed to a minimum unless you really need it. Low speed of a 2 HP pump should give you pretty good skimming action so you shouldn't need much run time on high speed.

mas985 said:
Bit long in my book. Especially this time of year.

I run mine 2 hrs on high speed and 2 on low during the heat of the summer and seems to keep the pool clean enough for me. Plus my pool is bigger than yours but you may need to experiment some because every pool is different and some need more skimming time than others. But I would keep high speed to a minimum unless you really need it. Low speed of a 2 HP pump should give you pretty good skimming action so you shouldn't need much run time on high speed.

Thanks Mark,

I'm going to check out how many water features I can operate on low speed, high speed looks better. But I do understand the wear of the pump in high speed. Maybe he wanted me to operate 8 hrs of pump time and 4 hrs of cleaner time because being a new pool! I get my TF-100 test kit this Monday, I'll check out the chemicals and decide if I need to adjust pump run. Thank you

John

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.