Vacuum gauge?

budgetplan1

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 1, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Looking for a vacuum gauge, preferably with about a 1' long flexible hose. Wanna use it for attaching to pump basket drain plug which, along with pressure gauge should give me what I need to figure total Head of a plumbing/piping setup.

Any ideas?

I bought a 30"hg-0-30psig Wika oil filled combination gauge. Just get a length of tubing and a couple of adapters from the local big box store and you're all set. Also, most auto part stores sell vacuum gauges with the hose already attached.

By the time you get through hooking all that (tubing) mess up, you could have spun a vac gauge in, and have got your reading! Keep it simple. Using a hose may also require you to hold the contraption. With a simple bottom mount gauge your install is hands free!

I completely understand that. Curiosity is what got me started in this area.

Also, if you are interested, I have a few tools available on my site labeled "Energy Efficient Swimming Pools" link in my sig. The operating point SS can be used to estimate flow rates and head loss just based on the filter pressure and a description of the plumbing but the pump list is somewhat limited. But of course the vacuum gauge will make the estimate much better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.