NEW NUMBERS FOR NEWBEE WHATS IT ALL MEAN

May 24, 2007
SOUTHREN VIRGINIA
in the first place i'm a new member so please bear with me,i posted a problem with my 24 ft round 4 ft a/g 16'' hayward sand filter&1 HP PUMP I HOPE THIS POST SHOWS UP AS THE LAST ONE DIDNT-IS THERE A LIMIT AS TO HOW MANY CAN BE SUBMITTED IN ONE DAY?I HAVE THE POOL STORE RESULTS AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS ,ALL SEEMS WELL TO US BUT THIS IS OUR FIRST SEASON WITHOUT BACUCIAL AND FROM WHAT WE'VE ALREADY EXPERIENCED WERE SOOOOOO GLAD TO BE AWAY FROM IT SO ANYWAY HERES MY POOL STORE TEST RESULTS
DIS SOLIDS 100
SAT INDEX-0.80
FREE CHLO 1.1
TOTAL CHLO 1.2
C/C .2
PH 7.7
CYA 44
COPPER 0
IRON 0
TA 20
ATA 20
CALCIUM HARDNESS 132
THEY HAD ME ADD 9 LBS BAKING SODA ,AND WANTED ME TO ADD CAL DECRESSER 9 LBS AND I DID NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THE CAL..ANY SUGGESTIONS?

oran said:
in the first place i'm a new member so please bear with me,i posted a problem with my 24 ft round 4 ft a/g 16'' hayward sand filter&1 HP PUMP I HOPE THIS POST SHOWS UP AS THE LAST ONE DIDNT-IS THERE A LIMIT AS TO HOW MANY CAN BE SUBMITTED IN ONE DAY?I HAVE THE POOL STORE RESULTS AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS ,ALL SEEMS WELL TO US BUT THIS IS OUR FIRST SEASON WITHOUT BACUCIAL AND FROM WHAT WE'VE ALREADY EXPERIENCED WERE SOOOOOO GLAD TO BE AWAY FROM IT SO ANYWAY HERES MY POOL STORE TEST RESULTS
DIS SOLIDS 100
SAT INDEX-0.80
FREE CHLO 1.1
TOTAL CHLO 1.2
C/C .2
PH 7.7
CYA 44
COPPER 0
IRON 0
TA 20
ATA 20
CALCIUM HARDNESS 132
THEY HAD ME ADD 9 LBS BAKING SODA ,AND WANTED ME TO ADD CAL DECRESSER 9 LBS AND I DID NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THE CAL..ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Hi, Oran,

Welcome!! Your first priority should be to bring your Chlorine level up into a 3-5ppm range and keep it there.

If you'll download bleachcalc from this forum it will tell you how much chlorine to add to get there. Secondly, some of the pool store numbers are incorrect but don't worry about that.....they'll have little affect.

Next, tell us how your water looks. If it's nice and clear you should be in good shape. There's some stickies on the forum that'll give you an idea of the ranges your numbers should be within........check those out.

If there's another pool store that's easy to get to, have them test. You were right no to get the calcium decreaser.....it's not applicable to your pool. Assuming your water looks good, I think you're in pretty good shape.

water clearness

thank you dave s for all the info,so far my water has been just beautiful compared to our previous best day with the bacuicil,it sure seems so much easier to maintain and saves alot as well doesnt get any better than that ,i found the bleachcal and bens best guess chart those little trinkets will surely be of great help to me thank you so much

Now, if you really want to keep it that way AND make it even easier to have a "Trouble Free" pool, get yourself a good drops based/FAS-DPD test kit. I promise, it will be worth it's weight in gold. This site promotes a kit (Dave S. was entirely too professional to make a plug) which is a steal at the $60 or so or you could order the Taylor K-006 which is more expensive and has additional items you really don't need but a fine test kit as well. Either way, to truly take control of your pool, you cannot rely on erratic pool stealer testing. :roll:

Dave

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.