Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: NEW NUMBERS FOR NEWBEE WHATS IT ALL MEAN

1. Back To Top    #1

NEW NUMBERS FOR NEWBEE WHATS IT ALL MEAN

in the first place i'm a new member so please bear with me,i posted a problem with my 24 ft round 4 ft a/g 16'' hayward sand filter&1 HP PUMP I HOPE THIS POST SHOWS UP AS THE LAST ONE DIDNT-IS THERE A LIMIT AS TO HOW MANY CAN BE SUBMITTED IN ONE DAY?I HAVE THE POOL STORE RESULTS AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS ,ALL SEEMS WELL TO US BUT THIS IS OUR FIRST SEASON WITHOUT BACUCIAL AND FROM WHAT WE'VE ALREADY EXPERIENCED WERE SOOOOOO GLAD TO BE AWAY FROM IT SO ANYWAY HERES MY POOL STORE TEST RESULTS
    DIS SOLIDS 100
    SAT INDEX-0.80
    FREE CHLO 1.1
    TOTAL CHLO 1.2
    C/C .2
    PH 7.7
    CYA 44
    COPPER 0
    IRON 0
    TA 20
    ATA 20
    CALCIUM HARDNESS 132
    THEY HAD ME ADD 9 LBS BAKING SODA ,AND WANTED ME TO ADD CAL DECRESSER 9 LBS AND I DID NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THE CAL..ANY SUGGESTIONS?
    a/g 24'round 4' app 13500 gal sand filter 16''hayward (100lbs sand)1hp single speed pump on timer 12 on 12 off day &night and i use the bbb maintaince

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: NEW NUMBERS FOR NEWBEE WHATS IT ALL MEAN

Quote Originally Posted by oran
    in the first place i'm a new member so please bear with me,i posted a problem with my 24 ft round 4 ft a/g 16'' hayward sand filter&1 HP PUMP I HOPE THIS POST SHOWS UP AS THE LAST ONE DIDNT-IS THERE A LIMIT AS TO HOW MANY CAN BE SUBMITTED IN ONE DAY?I HAVE THE POOL STORE RESULTS AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS ,ALL SEEMS WELL TO US BUT THIS IS OUR FIRST SEASON WITHOUT BACUCIAL AND FROM WHAT WE'VE ALREADY EXPERIENCED WERE SOOOOOO GLAD TO BE AWAY FROM IT SO ANYWAY HERES MY POOL STORE TEST RESULTS
    DIS SOLIDS 100
    SAT INDEX-0.80
    FREE CHLO 1.1
    TOTAL CHLO 1.2
    C/C .2
    PH 7.7
    CYA 44
    COPPER 0
    IRON 0
    TA 20
    ATA 20
    CALCIUM HARDNESS 132
    THEY HAD ME ADD 9 LBS BAKING SODA ,AND WANTED ME TO ADD CAL DECRESSER 9 LBS AND I DID NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THE CAL..ANY SUGGESTIONS?
    Hi, Oran,

Welcome!! Your first priority should be to bring your Chlorine level up into a 3-5ppm range and keep it there.

If you'll download bleachcalc from this forum it will tell you how much chlorine to add to get there. Secondly, some of the pool store numbers are incorrect but don't worry about that.....they'll have little affect.

Next, tell us how your water looks. If it's nice and clear you should be in good shape. There's some stickies on the forum that'll give you an idea of the ranges your numbers should be within........check those out.

If there's another pool store that's easy to get to, have them test. You were right no to get the calcium decreaser.....it's not applicable to your pool. Assuming your water looks good, I think you're in pretty good shape.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

water clearness

thank you dave s for all the info,so far my water has been just beautiful compared to our previous best day with the bacuicil,it sure seems so much easier to maintain and saves alot as well doesnt get any better than that ,i found the bleachcal and bens best guess chart those little trinkets will surely be of great help to me thank you so much
    a/g 24'round 4' app 13500 gal sand filter 16''hayward (100lbs sand)1hp single speed pump on timer 12 on 12 off day &night and i use the bbb maintaince

4. Back To Top    #4
    Now, if you really want to keep it that way AND make it even easier to have a "Trouble Free" pool, get yourself a good drops based/FAS-DPD test kit. I promise, it will be worth it's weight in gold. This site promotes a kit (Dave S. was entirely too professional to make a plug) which is a steal at the $60 or so or you could order the Taylor K-006 which is more expensive and has additional items you really don't need but a fine test kit as well. Either way, to truly take control of your pool, you cannot rely on erratic pool stealer testing.

Dave

5. Back To Top    #5

test kits

well to late for the test kit this year as we already bought the taylor one from leslies after trying to get one from pool solutions that never came through with a password so when this one is gone ill be glad to give daves a try thanks

6. Back To Top    #6
    As long as it is FAS/DPD, you'll be fine!

Dave

7. Back To Top    #7

fas/dpd is what it is ,but ill give daves a try next time sounds like a better deal to me.thanks again