Ph Rise Question

Sciz Milson

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 13, 2012
I am curious what kind of rise I can expect from using an aerator attached to a return. I am getting a good "fountain effect" through a 2" pvc pipe (capped with about 12 drilled holes). I installed last Saturday AM, but I seem to be stuck at 7.2 for the last 3 days. Pump run time is 12 hrs/day at present.

All of my other numbers are within normal parameters. Water temp is < 50 degrees F.

Any discussion/input is appreciated.

Best,

Sciz

Hi bama - not necessarily trying to raise it quickly - it is my first effort to raise ph by aerating - wasn't sure what to expect with the duration. Well - it looks cool anyways and makes a pleasing sound so....

I should have mentioned we got an inch of rain 2 days ago - wonder if that might have had an effect.

I'll let it go and just make sure I'm testing daily. Thanks all.

Best,

Sciz

s

Sciz Milson said:
I should have mentioned we got an inch of rain 2 days ago - wonder if that might have had an effect.

Rain is generally a PH neutral event. While usually acidic, the rain event itself aerates the water and offsets.

Your signature indicates that you have an SWG. However, since the plaster is less than 30 days old, that should not be operational, yet. If you are using trichlor until the SWG is ready, then that will lower the pH and offset some of the pH rise from aeration.

If you are using liquid chlorine, then the low pH with fresh plaster is unusual.

If you are using trichlor, then you could raise the TA about 10 to 20 ppm to get a rise in the pH.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.