Color Swim?

A transformer with no load draws very little power.

Best practice is to have separate transformers, each with the AC voltage switched by it's own relay, and then run low voltage directly from the transformer to the light.

geekfamily said:
If it is possible, a picture would be awesome!

Sent from my S4
Well, rain kept from getting pic; however, I do have a correction after thinking about it (and conferring with DH). The transformer is actually wired to the auxiliary in the high voltage panel and so is the breaker. Then the relay has connecting wire to the motherboard. This way, the transformer is not always on. The low voltage leads are then connected from transformer out to light. It does require separate transformer for each "zone" of lights. My Intellibrite pool lights are 120v so they wire directly to breaker, then breaker to relay (which is in the high voltage panel). You will need 2 transformers to do it this way. My low voltage wiring set up was Pentair's recommendation. All so confusing.... But the Color Swim option is really a great feature in the pool.
:-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.