autofill
ozone system
jandy inline chlorine system
sodium tetra borate
12" raised spa, 7x7- edge
color pebble plaster
jandy leaf canister

538 sqft of textured overlay
13 or more engineered piers (pool at edge of canal)

There will be raised flowerbed retention walls placed along the pool wall along the canal

Attachments

• SvAAAJ_0.jpg
    SvAAAJ_0.jpg
    316.7 KB · Views: 954
Welcome to tfp, CAVJOCK22 :wave:

Your pool design looks great, I look forward to your progress :goodjob:

I would not waste your money on the ozone system, typical outdoor residential pools do not need it.

"Jandy inline chlorine system" ...what is this? Is it a trichlor puck feeder, liquid chlorine feeder, or a saltwater chlorine generator? We do not recommend a trichlor puck feeder as a the primary source of chlorine.

Nature2 Fusion In-ground is the ultimate chlorine and mineral sanitizing system for in-ground pools. By combining patented Nature2 mineral technology with an automatic chlorine tab feeder, Nature2 Fusion In-ground delivers water that is noticeably cleaner, clearer, and softer. Nature2 is proven to destroy bacteria and control algae, so your pool water will be sparkling clean without having to add extra chemicals. Nature2 is a natural supplement to chlorine, so it helps maximize chlorine investment, while reducing the annoying and harmful effects of harsh chemical use. No other system is this complete or easy to install, use, and maintain. With Nature2 Fusion In-Ground, you are just a few simple steps away from perfect pool water, naturally.

Cavjock22, I am not sure if you are asking a question, but what you posted is marketing propaganda. If you are asking whether or not the statement is true, then we would say it is misleading since nature2 would still require a primary sanitizer such as chlorine to help protect against such things as person to person transmission of disease. We can discuss more if you are interested.

We would recommend against mineral pack systems since they are not very effective in pools and they add metals (i am fairly certain copper in the case of the fusion) to the water which can stain. No need for the minerals, and you will still need chlorine. The trichlor part of the system will add cya to your pool that over time will require more and more chlorine to maintain your pool, and often require periodic drain and refills to lower the cya level.

Cavjock - I see now that you were pasting information about the product and not posting an advert. Read up in Pool School and you will see the consensus on the mineral systems. I would avoid them.

Also what linen points out about CYA is a chief concern when using Trichlor as a primary sanitizer. It's really a matter of preference as to the alternatives. Some prefer salt water chlorine generators for their ease. I myself prefer using bleach as I just don't care for the feel in a SWCG pool. Given the size of your pool you could install a stenner pump to automatically dose the bleach for you from a 15 gallon drum, or you could manually add, or go with another automation approach. I would definitely not plan on using pucks unless you want to drain and refill.

Another point on your quote - what is the builder charging you for your borates and when are they planning on adding this? (sodium tetra borate)

Best bet is to wait until your levels are stable and do this yourself (in my opinion)

Read up in Pool School and much of this is covered in great detail.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Folks, seems my builder is stuck in the engineering phase. Been waiting now for 2 weeks for the pool design to get engineering approval. Is that common or is my builder already letting me down? I realize I have a tough backyard for a pool.

Where are you exactly? Harris County is different than most of the country. For most construction there is no zoning or code enforcement. Permits are for tax assessment only.

It's very likely they are concerned about the canal frontage. To warranty the pool shell the excavation, steel-rebar and gunite will have to be right.
My guess is they are waiting on instructions from the gunite company as they will be the ones on the hook for the shell.

CAVJOCK22 said:
Folks, seems my builder is stuck in the engineering phase. Been waiting now for 2 weeks for the pool design to get engineering approval. Is that common or is my builder already letting me down? I realize I have a tough backyard for a pool.

He's just getting you used to waiting. You're gonna do a lot of it over the next few months. :mrgreen:

I like the shape of your pool, it's unusual and should be striking when it's all done!

We are getting closer..... City approved permits.. Now just waiting on HOA.. Been a week waiting on them... Hope too have that next week.. Bank is about a week until there ready for closing.... Landscapers tore down existing retaining walls yesterday and we are storing the old pieces to be used for future retaining wall after gunite...

CAVJOCK22 said:
We are getting closer..... City approved permits.. Now just waiting on HOA.. Been a week waiting on them... Hope too have that next week.. Bank is about a week until there ready for closing.... Landscapers tore down existing retaining walls yesterday and we are storing the old pieces to be used for future retaining wall after gunite...

So you are just buying the house and are rolling the pool build into your loan? Cool! POST PICS

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.