Calcium build-up prevention.

B

busyredhed

We have a new pool(6 weeks old) and my calcium reads 270. We have a problem with Calcium build-up in the pool. My ph is right at 7.2 but last week it was 7.8. My alkalinity was at 180 when I took over maintenance from my PB. It is now at 110.
I now have calcium spots on some my tile and pebble fina and I have a shoeprint coming through due to the calcium depositing on it(Plasterers came out right after pool build to sand the calcium off of the shoe prints. I had a lot more of them). I was told then that they would come back if we didn't watch our chemicals to keep Calcium from depositing.
We can just sand the shoe print, but how do I keep the calcium from depositing on my surfaces?
Could it just be that my numbers were off when my PB was maintaining the pool?

Welcome to TFP!

Your current numbers are fairly good. But the older numbers you quote are approaching scaling. The key thing is to keep PH at 7.8 or lower. Lowering TA, as you have been doing, will also help. If you allow the PH to go up above 8.0 you are very likely to have additional problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.