Bulges in fiberglass pool wall

PJ

In The Industry
Oct 11, 2012
Hey all,
I have a potential project coming up and I have a question for the pool builders out there. This project is a renovation job that involves an old concrete bottom/fiberglass walled pool. Due to the pool being left drained in combination with a gap between the concrete decking and coping, the fiberglass pool wall has bulges in a few locations. My plan is this, remove the old concrete decking in those places that have bulges, dig out the old backfill, support the pool walls, re-fill and replace old backfill with bluestone. Then put down new concrete and seal the space between the deck and coping with foam rod and expansion joint sealer. My question is (especially with the space between decking and coping being in more places than the wall has bulged), should I replace the backfill around the whole pool instead of just the spots where the wall has bulged? See attached pictures.

Attachments

• getaway3 001.jpg
    getaway3 001.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 148
  • getaway2 001.jpg
    getaway2 001.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 147
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.