Jandy or Hayward for my system?

Bmill

Feb 13, 2013
So I have a bit of a mixed bag pool system in Ca.
A Jandy RS OneTouch control, a Pentair IntelliFlow pump. Along with a Hayward salt system and heater. The salt cell and control board are dead. Heater is on its last legs. So what should I purchase?

Pool is about 15000 gallons.

Thans guys.

The various heaters are mostly all quite good. I'm fond of RayPac, but that is just a personal preference.

There are a number of SWG systems that are quite good, with various price/feature tradeoffs. CompuPool, AquaRite, and PoolPilot are all well though of with the choice depending on your price sensitivity.

Interesting development on my Hayward heater, I have American Home Shield appliance warrantee. They came out today and replaced the motor, control board and, igniter for the $60 deductible!

Know anything about a Compupool salt cell as a replacement cell? The review seem good by my a niebor guy say the desert heat kills them.

We have had several good reports of CompuPool replacement cells and just a few horror stories. To translate that, most people are happy but there have been a couple of cases where things went wrong and the replacement either never worked or failed very quickly. Remember that if you use a third party replacement cell you invalidate any remaining warranty on the control unit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.