New build in Metro St. Louis

Hey. I noticed in your pool specs that you're getting 5 umbrella sleeves installed. I'm looking for some for my pool......where did you find yours? I want 6 so I'd love to find them reasonably priced. Thanks!

myoung36 said:
Hey. I noticed in your pool specs that you're getting 5 umbrella sleeves installed. I'm looking for some for my pool......where did you find yours? I want 6 so I'd love to find them reasonably priced. Thanks!

I ordered these: http://www.poolpartsonline.com/p-740-volleyball-pole-umbrella-holder.aspx

They shipped fast and seem like they will work great. I actually ordered 3 more just today, as the wife and I were afraid 5 would not be enough. We have several sitting areas that may need them...and I have read several folks wishing they added a few more.

Thanks for the info, Paul. I looked at the site you recommended & their prices are the best I've seen. Ill be ordering them tonight! Thanks again!

Looking at your pool build, we're just a little ahead of you. The pb got about 2/3 of the pool krete put in today & should finish that tomorrow & get the liner in :-D . The electrician wired everything up today too. I finally feel like I'm on the home stretch :cheers:

two things I see one already mentioned is no unions, there should be two on the pump.

The output on the pump is going thru two 90's :hammer: , if the filter was brought forward a bit those could have been eliminated, don't like that.

Alternatively that pipe out of the pump could have been done rotating the pipe with one 45 if the filter needed to be there.

Cost nothing to address those now.

On the umbrella holders, you can make 6 of your own out of PVC for less than $4 each. 1 1/2" end caps $0.97,
1 1/2" female adaptor $1.11, 1 1/2" x 2' PVC $3.12, and cap $0.20. Add in PVC cement it is still under $5. Plus no shipping, just $2 worth of tax.. Ask the PB or plummer if they will make you some. Our PB supplied ours.

@Nova13 - Thanks for the great tips on the plumbing. I will discuss with the PB today. Thanks!

@ txsteel - That is a good idea you have, and would be fine for me. The wife wanted "color" matching caps and trim, so we decided on the specialty holders...but the PVC would be a great alternative.

We got quite a bit of rain last night, so did not expect the PB to be out today. But at 6:45, the whole crew showed up...they seem to be working on skimmers and other plumbing items.

Oh, if you look at the main drain pipe that is vertical in the pic, it is "bent" to angle down the hopper wall. When I looked at it last night (before the rain), it seems to be really stressed as they forced it instead of using a 45 fitting for the angle. When I questioned the PB, they said they like to "heat" the pipe to get the exact angle needed. He also said "You'll see more once we start plumbing. It allows for less glue joints,more flow hydraulically. Not sure if that's a real word. It also great for weird angles which we always run into on free form pools".

Attachments

• Snap1.jpg
    Snap1.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 382

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Builder has been really good. They have been here rain or shine, and are here by 7am each morning...and work till 4-ish! It has been exactly 3 weeks to this point. Concrete is tomorrow, then planter/waterfall, gas tikis, finish flooring, and liner.

Have had a few small issues along the way, but nothing much. Our contract stated Pentair MagicFalls bronze decents...and they brought out CMP decents. We brought it up and they ordered the Pentair bronze. Other than that, has been pretty painless so far.

Attachments

• IMG_5059.JPG
    IMG_5059.JPG
    285.5 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_5062.JPG
    IMG_5062.JPG
    291.7 KB · Views: 350
  • IMG_5066.JPG
    IMG_5066.JPG
    273 KB · Views: 350
Well, I have not uploaded for a month, but the pool is DONE! The PB finished it about 2 weeks ago, and we have been doing the landscape, fence, and furnishings the last few weeks. We love it. The gas tiki's look great in the evening and the waterfall and deck jets really add to the pool! Enough talking, here are the final pics...nearly identical to our original design from my first post. Really happy. So glad we upgraded to the VS pump, even though our electric is not crazy high. The ability to adjust RPM for each water feature is great. After the PB was done, I installed the ET8 wireless remote. It gets used a ton, everyone wants to see the pool temp, turn on water features, etc. I hooked out some path lighting to the ET8 as well. Think I'll get the Autelis for remote management when it is in-stock again.

Attachments

• IMG_5157b.jpg
    IMG_5157b.jpg
    497.5 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_5152b.jpg
    IMG_5152b.jpg
    442.1 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_5148b.jpg
    IMG_5148b.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 306
Very Nice, I am just starting my research now. I am curious what is at the bottom of that planter? If you get a lot of rain where does it drain? I love the idea of a planter like that.

Great looking pool Build!!!!!!!

Carnut12 said:
Very Nice, I am just starting my research now. I am curious what is at the bottom of that planter? If you get a lot of rain where does it drain? I love the idea of a planter like that.

Great looking pool Build!!!!!!!

@carnut12

The PB seems to have done a good job on the planter. They built it with Rossetta stone blocks, then lined it with heavy plastic sheeting, then put rock in the bottom for drainage, then dirt for the plants. They did not line the back with the sheeting so the water would drain out the back. They also put commercial landscape fabric between the soil and rock so no dirt will migrate to the rock and get clogged. The also had the concrete guys do some special leveling so it would drain, but the planter would not look "sloped" for visual appearances. The seem to do these planters quite a bit. We have 3 descents on the front...12" 18" 12". We really like it. They did mention some folks want cinder blocks, with rock facade, but are concerned with water getting between the layers/stones and causing the morter to fail. We liked the Rosetta Stone fine...and it probably saved a few $.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.