new SWG test number advise

roth79

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 19, 2009
I just added a SWG Pentair IC40 Thurday and here are my numbers as of now.

Finish Hydrazzo, 13000 gallons temp 66* (Florida) no screen

Ph 7.5
FC 4
CC 0
TA 80
CH 280
CYA 70

1st salt test 3400

Leave it alone or adjust anything?

You are good right where you are for now.

Longer term, I expect that the PH will go up and need to be adjusted down a little. That will tend to drive down the TA, which is a good thing. Also, if you have low CH fill water (most people do) the CH level should be raised to around 350. With low CH fill water the CH level will tend to drift down slowly, so best to set it to the high end of the range at the start of the season.

Thanks JL should I raise the CH now or leave it for a little while, I have not touched the SWG yet and the installer set it at 60% for now and its running 5 hours with enough GPM to work and then lower speed while swg is off. Just check the FC next week and adjust if needed? It was done Thursday night so it really only ran a day as of today.

New am results, I did adjust Ch a little last night.

PH 7.8
FC 5
CH 320
CYA 65-70
Salt 3000
New SWG Thursday its a Pentair IC 40 and the green light shows salt is good?

tf 100 results today

13000 Marcite/hydrazzo 70 degrees Florida new swg

PH 7.5
FC 4.5
TA 70
CH 350
CYA 60

salt 3400 will raise to 3600 this afternoon.

Leave it alone for now or do you see any adjustments I should make today?

Thanks,

R

Re: tf 100 results today

roth79:

Those numbers look good overall for a SWG pool. Just keep an eye on the pH. If you find that it tends to drop quickly, then I would increase TA a bit by adding baking soda. If you find that you have trouble maintaining FC levels (e.g., find that the Florida sun is consuming FC quickly), then I would consider raising the CYA level slightly, say to 70. But I wouldn't pull that lever just yet since it is much easier to add CYA than it is to lower it if it gets too high. Just another thing to keep an eye on.

Re: tf 100 results today

I can't see how you can get it much better than that for now.

Over the swim season, you pH will probably creep up a bit....just bring it back down with acid.

Your CH will probably come up also, although I doubt not enough that you'll have to compensate.

This summer, you will likely have to increase your percentage on your SWG to keep up with FC demand and you MAY want to increase CYA to 80ppm but I wouldn't do anything to your pool right now. Nice work! :party:

PS - The salt tests are not terribly accurate so you may not detect the change between 3400 and 3600 but you'll know you put it in there and that's good enough.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Test results today: rain and overcast all week sw florida.

PH 7.8
FC 8
TA 70
CH 350
CYA 70
IDK why FC is up, didn't change anything SWG time for filter etc but did add some salt last sunday, its now 4000. I am going to add some water today a few inches and then will retest this afternoon.

FC levels can be affected by a number of things. The largest effect is the time of day you test, late afternoon is generally lowest, early morning is generally highest. FC levels are also effected by water temperature and how much sunlight you have been getting recently (less sun means higher FC levels).

Your numbers look fine. FC is a little high as discussed. You probably don't need to do anything about that right now, but if it remains high on future tests you can turn down the percentage setting.

I would leave the PH alone until it goes up to 7.9. The exception is if you have a history or rapidly rising PH, in which case it is better to deal with it now while you have time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.