Pool Chemicals Storage What can be stored together?

mnittler

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 17, 2012
South Texas
I am wanting to purchase one of those Lifetime plastic deck storage containers/rectangular box with a hinged lid (or RubberMaid) to store pool chemicals in.

Just trying to tidy the place up a bit.

My current chemical inventory consists of:
D.E.
Salt
Muraitic Acid gallons
PH+ (Which has never been used and probably never will)
Clorox extra strength Liquid gallons from Sams
Pool Conditioner (Cyanaric acid)
PhosFree
Salt Water Magic (I have no idea what this is but they said to put a few cap fulls in the skimmer each week)
A plastic tub of individual packages of Dichlor shock (Have not needed to use this yet).
A plastic tub of 3" Dichlor tablets (Which have not been used since the SWCG started)
Granular chlorine shock individual package (calcium chloride) (PB used this but I have not put any in the pool since he left)

What chemical containers can be stored in the same storage container/enclosure?

You don't want to store muriatic acid close to any form of chlorine. If the two were ever to leak and mix it would create chlorine gas which is highly poisonous. Other than that, you can mix things up just about any way you want.

Note that both the chlorinating liquid and the acid have pressure-relief valves so if you have metal in the same box, it can corrode, especially with the acid. The box should ideally be well ventilated or if it is not, then don't have anything metal in it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.