Buoyancy in SW Pools

May 14, 2008
IL
I recently installed a SWG on my 21' Above Ground Pool. Since I just opened the pool a few days ago, the water is still cloudy and I can't see the bottom of the pool. Additionally, I also have a Polaris 65 automatic cleaner that I usually just leave hooked up to the return so it is always stirring up the bottom of the pool.

This morning I went outside to check on things and noticed that the polaris bag that usually drags along the bottom of the pool had come off the hose. This isn't the first time this happened, but it is the first time the bag has ever floated to the top of the pool (it usually sinks). It then occurred to me that it is because of the salt.

Has anyone experienced any problems or noticed any differences with things floating in a SW pool? I have two burgeoning swimmers in the house (a 4 & and a 5 year old). Will this help them along or is the salt level really too low (3000 PPM).

Sorry...I know this is really a simple question, but somehow I managed to make it into 3 paragraphs. :roll:

The salinity is not high enough to create any differences in the bouyancy, at 3000 ppm. However, there are fine bubbles that are created and usually vent to the atmosphere, but on occasion, the bubble may end up on the cleaner and allow it to float... this is only a guess.
Do you have any water wiggle tubes that are broken that may have ended up in the cleaner bag.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.